In our fifth year of Career Futures, we are pleased to offer internship placements at a variety of impressive organizations including Aria Health, Lincoln Financial and Drexel University, among others. The application process will be competitive and not every applicant will be awarded an internship. While we have secured internship placements in a range of career fields, we cannot guarantee that a student will be offered interviews or an internship position in their area of preference. Each internship experience, however, will offer opportunities for building career awareness, developing transferable skills, as well as offering tremendous opportunities to expand your professional network.
The application and selection process is described below. Please pay close attention to the dates. Adherence to deadlines is critical.
- 15-20 internship positions will be available in a variety of career fields
- Employment will be for at least 25 hours per week for at least six weeks (specific dates and hours will be at the discretion of the employer)
- Compensation will be, at minimum, a $1200 stipend
Basic eligibility requirements for the program include being:
- A Philadelphia Futures collegian in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- At sophomore standing by the start of the spring 2016 semester (30 credits or more)
Successful applicants will:
- Be engaged, active participants in Philadelphia Futures programming (including the Annual Conference, College Kick-Off, and Spring Break programming)
- Be in consistent communication with their advisor in the Office of College Retention and Success
- Take advantage of opportunities for growth on their campus (student leadership, career development, athletics, consistent use of academic resources such as learning center programming, tutoring, etc.)
- Strive to be scholars in their demeanor, communication, attire, and attitude
Application and Selection Process
Application: Due Friday January 20th, 2017
- Application form and essay responses: Click here for the 2017 Career Futures application
- Resume- Your resume MUST be edited by a career development professional at your school. You may also have your Philadelphia Futures advisor review your resume BEFORE the application deadline.
- Students selected for interviews will be notified by February 17th, 2017
- Interview Preparation and interviews will be scheduled over two weeks, to coincide with the most common Spring Break weeks:
Week 1: March 6-10
Week 2: March 13-17
- Interview preparation will be held on Monday and Tuesday of each week. Students MUST attend both days of interview preparation during their Spring Break week. Interviews will be scheduled on Wednesday-Friday of each week.
- We intend to extend internship offers to students the week of March 27th. The offer will include specifics regarding hours, dates and compensation. Occasionally, the needs of an employer require the offer to be extended at a later date, however, we will do our best to keep all candidates up to date about the process.
- Students must commit to the internship experience by April 14th or if an offer is extended at a later date, at a time determined by Philadelphia Futures.