Philadelphia Futures Annual Conference
Build Your Future
January 13, 2018
Request for Conference Workshop Facilitators
Purpose: The purpose of the Annual Conference is to gather the entire Philadelphia Futures community to celebrate accomplishments, to learn about relevant topics for our students and to share information pertinent to participation in the program and academic success. We hope that everyone will leave with some new ideas, skills, connections or wisdom, as well as energized and excited for 2018 with Philadelphia Futures.
Audience: Participants in conference workshops may be high school students, college students, alumni, parents/guardians, mentors, board members and/or financial supporters.
Theme: Philadelphia Futures theme for the 2017-18 academic year is “Build Your Future,” and conference presenters are encouraged to incorporate this theme into the workshop content and materials.
Logistics: Workshop presentations should be informational and interactive. Each workshop time slot is 50 minutes, which includes introductions and time for questions and answers. Content of the presentation should be planned for 35-45 minutes. Audiences may be limited as appropriate; for example, some topics may only be relevant for collegians, but some may be helpful for high school students as well.
Selection Criteria: Presenters must be college students affiliated with Philadelphia Futures.
Presentation proposals will be reviewed based on information submitted in the attached application, and will be selected based on relevance of the topic to target audience, evidence of knowledge of topic, creativity of presentation format, planned engagement of workshop participants, and clear outline of workshop.
- All information on the following page should be complete.
- Questions may be directed to Ariel Brockman (ext 434) or Amy Perez (ext 448) at Philadelphia Futures 215-790-1666.
- Proposals should be submitted by Monday, November 27th via email attachment to Amy Perez, Director of College Success Programs at email@example.com .
Philadelphia Futures Annual Conference Presentation Proposal
Presenter Information – up to four students may present together
Topic Area of Presentation:
- Academic – i.e. research, advice for/lessons learned from study abroad
- Career – i.e. internship experience and advice, work study experience and advice
- Financial – i.e. personal finance, advice for successfully securing scholarships
- Social/Political – i.e. navigating complex conversations on campus, how to be an effective ally on campus
- Other ___________________________
Target Audience: (check all that apply)
- High school students
- College Students
- Board Members and other supporters
Title of Presentation/Workshop:
Description: Provide a brief overview (up to 150 words) of your presentation. Define the topic, describe the information you will present, note format/style (lecture, discussion, small group, etc), and explain the relevance of the topic to the audience.
Goals: Identify 2-3 learning goals for the presentation. What will participants gain from attending your workshop?
Outline: Please include an outline of the workshop, noting topics and subtopics, time breakdown and list of visuals, activities, etc.