The theme for our 2015 Kick-Off and the 2015-2016 Academic Year is Be Your Best Self!
Our programming will focus on the aspects of the wellness wheel highlighted in the images below.
Questions To Ask Yourself:
- What areas of wellness have the most color? The least?
- What areas do you need to change and make improvements?
- Which slice(s) of wellness do you plan to begin improving?
- How will you begin making changes in your life to achieve a better you?
Below are tips and resources to assist with improving your wellness and overall quality of life. You can even complete a wellness assessment in different wellness categories by using the resources below.
The Plan To A Better You:
- Decide which slice of wellness you would like to change. You can choose more than one.
- Identify those items that you need to improve (i.e. attend tutoring more frequently, exercise, increase sleep, etc.)
- Which identified items do you have the capacity to change? Focus on these areas.
- Write and set specific and doable daily, weekly or monthly goals. Then follow through on each goal.
- As a result of completing my wellness wheel, I intend to improve my life balance by…
- I will walk for 20 minutes on Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday at 6:00pm.
- I will meet my study group every Wednesdays from 7:00pm- 9:00pm in the library.
- I will call at 10:00am on Monday to make an appointment at the Counseling Center.
- Review your goals list daily/weekly and check off goals that you have achieved.
- Decide your next set of goals or repeat the same goals.
- The Wellness Quiz: http://www.sfu.ca/students/health/resources/wellness/wellnessquiz.html
- Wellness Wheel Assessment: http://www.livewellwithmel.com/wellness-wheel-assessment/
- The 7 Dimensions of Wellness: http://www.sfu.ca/students/health/resources/wellness/wheel.html
- Balancing Your Wellness Wheel: https://www.nwmissouri.edu/wellness/PDF/shift/BalancingYourWellness.pdf